A natural looking smile
Porcelain Veneers are an effective treatment in cosmetic dentistry to help achieve your new smile. Porcelain veneer’s can be a fast, painless, and affordable solution for discoloured, worn or unsightly teeth. Now a beautiful new smile can be customised for you in less time than ever before.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain Veneers are a thin tooth coloured porcelain (ceramic) facing crafted to bond to the outside surface of the tooth. Porcelain Veneers can also be made from composite resin layered directly on to your tooth. There are numerous options, Dr Charlie Kahwagi, Dr Geoffrey Storey and Dr Jaclyn Fahey will be able to discuss both the benefits and any concerns with you before you decide on which option is right for you.
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers
- Minimal dental visits to achieve your desired result
- Pain-free and fast
- No needles, no drills
- Non-invasive: No grinding or shaving
- Unbelievably affordable
- Super strong, ultra-thin Porcelain Veneers
You may be able to achieve your desired results without orthodontic work.
Porcelain dental crowns re-establish the original structure and function of the tooth, replacing the exterior portion to create a natural appearance. Crowns are the best treatment where decay has destroyed most of the tooth, where there has been trauma to the tooth causing damage, or cases of severe enamel erosion. Porcelain crowns can also be an option for people who grind and clench their teeth to the extent that the original structure of their teeth has been compromised.
The great benefit or porcelain crowns is not only the fact that they can replicate the function of the original tooth, but they are also designed to look like the original, or even better! Porcelain crowns can be used to cover up the front portion of the tooth that has some visible flaw, improving the overall aesthetics of the smile.
Benefits of porcelain crowns:
- Improved appearance – Porcelain crowns are tooth coloured, smooth and are made to blend in almost perfectly with natural teeth. The natural appearance of porcelain crowns is extremely helpful for patients who require dental work in the front of their mouth, where it would be easy to see.
- Durable and strong – Porcelain crowns are actually nearly as strong as natural tooth enamel, which is one of the hardest materials on the human body. These crowns have the ability to withstand years of wear and are sturdy enough to repair broken or missing teeth.
- Natural feeling – Porcelain crowns have a much more natural feel than other options. They can be custom designed specifically to fit the shape, appearance and functionality of a patient’s tooth. The durability and feel of the crowns resemble that of your natural teeth.
Porcelain crowns are a great option for recreating the functional form of your natural teeth and are also a great aesthetic option.