Experience the AIRFLOW clean
What is an AIRFLOW clean?
First, our dedicated Hygiene team do a dental exam and identify any specific problems or any concerns you may have, then disclose the teeth/gums lighting plaque and biofilm(bacteria) present in your mouth.
- Pink colour is bacteria 24 hours old
- Dark blue colour is bacteria older than 24 hours
- Light blue colour is acid-producing biofilm which causes infections, decay and gum disease
Once rinsed we can see any biofilm left and provide oral hygiene instructions that relate to your mouth, not just general instructions.
Using the Airflow®, all the highlighted plaque, any stains and biofilm on the teeth and gums are removed while giving you the best clean ever. We can also use a special powder to help remove or reduce stains from the enamel. Any stubborn calculus left is removed with the PIEZON® ultrasonic (which is more comfortable than older ultrasonic machines) using the AIRFLOW® prior minimises the amount of time in which the ultrasonic is needed.
After the clean, your teeth feel smoother, cleaner and look whiter. More importantly; they are healthier!
Why you need a professional exam & clean?
1mm of plaque on your tooth = 2000 million bacteria
Bacteria left on teeth becomes biofilm and causes oral infections, gum disease and decay. At LARA dental we use Guided Biofilm Therapy (GBT) to efficiently remove biofilm before it causes dental problems. The best way to remove biofilm is with the AIRFLOW®.
What is AIRFLOW?
The AIRFLOW® is the last swiss technology providing a comfortable and effective dental clean it uses a combination of a fine powder, air and water to gently and effectively remove plaque and calculus. Any hard calculus left is removed with the PIEZON® ultrasonic.
Ideal for Sensitive Teeth
In the past, the vibrations and cold water from the traditional ultrasonic used caused a lot of sensitivity and discomfort. With AIRFLOW®, the water can be set to 40 degrees making the clean far less sensitive.
Advantages of AIRFLOW®
AIRFLOW® can be used for several different treatments, including cleaning orthodontic brackets and dentures and implants.
- More comfortable clean
- More effective clean
- Use of warm water
- Reduction in the time needed using the ultrasonic scaler
- Better feel afterwards for the patient
- Only clinically supported implant cleaning method of its kind.
- Removes stain and plaque with No damage to the enamel
- Reaches spaces in tooth gaps and places old ultrasonic and polishes could get to
- Removing biofilm under the gum line
- There are no chemicals, which means no impact on the enamel
- Can also encourage the re-mineralization of damaged teeth with fluoride treatments
- Making whitening treatments more effective by removing build up that could hinder bleaching
- Helps prevent dental disease by removing biofilm keeping your teeth and gums healthy
- Orthodontic patients receive such a gentle but thorough cleaning that their teeth can support future bonds and sealants
Research shows the oral instructions are just as important as a clean.
- Slightly more water is used
LARA dental Hygiene Team
The Hygiene team at LARA dental are uniquely qualified to provide a range of individual oral health information for patients in a comfortable environment where questions or concerns can be discussed.
LARA dental’s Hygiene team provides information on the following and lots more!
- Oral Hygiene Instructions
- Prevention of tooth decay
- Use of fluoride
- Fissure sealants
- Tooth whiting
- Salvia Testing
- Smoking cessation
- Halitosis (smelly breath)
- Stained/discoloured teeth
- Xerostomia (dry mouth)
- Links between dental health and systemic conditions
- Children orthodontic tracking
- senior citizens: Includes denture care and proper cleaning of the remaining teeth
- Helping cancer patients with the effects their treatment has on the teeth and gums
- Provide Nutritional information and help on a proper diet and nutrition for healthy teeth and gums which benefits your overall health
- Impressions for mouth guards and educating patients why customised fitted mouth guards are so important