Our goal is to preserve your natural teeth whenever possible. If a tooth is so badly damaged or extensively decayed that it is considered as having a detrimental effect on your overall health and the health of your mouth, extraction may be the only treatment option available to you. However, rest assured this will only be recommended after discussion of all other restorative treatment options and these being considered as ineffective long term solutions.
A tooth extraction is recommended for the following reasons:
- When a patient has severe tooth decay.
- When a patient has gum disease or an abscess.
- When a patient requires Orthodontic treatment.
- When there is a bone fracture.
- When a tooth has become too damaged to restore with other restoration dental treatments.
- When there is an impacted wisdom tooth.
- When a tooth has become severely infected and cannot be saved.
Dental treatment such as tooth extractions can be a source of anxiety to many patients so at LARA dental we will provide exceptional care both during and post the procedure to ensure your comfort. There are a number of options available to you to ensure as much comfort as possible during the procedure especially using local anaesthetic. However, if the procedure is more difficult a general anaesthetic can be arranged on request.
we’ll use the very latest techniques and equipment to ensure that you remain as comfortable as possible throughout the process. What’s more, during the tooth extraction surgery, we’ll talk you through the treatment ensuring that you’re feeling okay, every step of the way.